Getting ready to book your senior photo session? This is Part 3 (you can check out Part 1 and Part 2 at the respective links) in a series of blogs from by daughter, Baylee, to help you prepare for your upcoming senior pictures. Baylee is my go-to person for anything regarding style, makeup and accessories. In fact, when you book with us, you may be chatting with her leading up to your session. She is a huge assistant to me during your session, as well as posting your behind the scenes on From Moments to Memories' Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook stories.
You’ve got your outfit planned, you know exactly what you’re doing with your hair, and have already spoken to the makeup artist about that wicked cat eye. Now it’s time to consider your accessories, which can make or break your outfit. Here are six things to keep in mind.
- Don’t let the accessories wear you. Too big or too zany can overwhelm your face and body, taking away from the overall image. This is about you.
- Choose accessories that mean something to you. Maybe you want to wear a ring your mother gave you, or those earrings that always earn you compliments.
- Try not to choose anything that’s heavily ornamented. In a few years, ultra trendy items can look really, really dated. Funky and fun are A-OK, of course, but be thoughtful in your decisions.
- Make sure your accessories all work well with your outfit. For example, a thin belt may flatter your figure more than a thick belt. And those dangly earrings may look best with your hair up while the studs look good with your hair down.
- Get a second, and third opinion. Wear everything you plan to put on for your session day and ask for someone else’s advice. Take some pictures, even, and ask your friends and family if they have any suggestions. Send them on over to us so we can take a look. One of the things I love doing is picking outfits for each location! We are here to help!
- Statement pieces are cute, but can be overwhelming. If you are going to wear a statement necklace, scarf, or big earrings, make sure your other accessories are smaller, yet coordinate.
After reading all of my preparation blog posts, you should be well on your way to feeling confident in knowing you will look amazing for your senior portraits! Now all you have to do is book your senior session! Give us a call, we'll hook you up!
Until next time!